Move over candy corn! We have a healthy, layered treat with no added sugar just in time for Halloween. Our Halloween Chia Pudding Parfait is perfect for breakfast or as an after-school snack for kids (or yourself!). If you’ve never tried chia pudding, you are in for a treat (no tricks). Chia seeds are known for their omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and antioxidants. When mixed with liquid, they expand and take on a pudding like texture. Combine these mighty seeds with fresh, cold-pressed fruits and veggies from our pouches, and you have a nutrient-dense snack to keep your little trick-or-treaters filled and fueled for a night of fun! Follow the directions below to make two!
- 4 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup milk of choice (we used coconut milk)
- 4 Once Upon a Farm Pouches (we used 2 OhMyMegaVeggie™ 1 Magic Velvet Mango™ and 1 Carrot-y Coconut-y Quinoa™)
- Pour the milk into a small mixing bowl and add chia seeds.
- Stir the mixture gently and pour into the bottom of two serving jars.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and top with Once Upon a Farm Pouches of your choice (you can layer or swirl the blends together).
Note: You can make four smaller servings if you divide the recipe between four jars instead of two. You can also make these ahead of time and store them in the fridge!