The holidays are chockfull of heavy, indulgent dishes that can leave us feeling a bit sluggish as we head toward the new year.
So, rather than feeling overly full and hibernating for the rest of winter, we’ve prepped a healthy holiday trifle that’s perfect for any holiday party and will give you a fresh start to the new year! And since we believe babies deserve real food too (all of our blends are both baby and parent taste tested and approved), we’ve chosen Chocolate Ever After to be the star of this tasty trifle!
Never thought of including avocado in a dessert dish? Think again. Chocolate Ever After is sweet, whipped pudding perfection (with absolutely no added sugar) made up of organic banana, avocado, raspberry, raw cacao powder and date. That’s it.
For this recipe, we’ve combined layers of Chocolate Ever After with vegan brownie bites (made with… you guessed it… Chocolate Ever After and Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix), coconut whipped cream and fresh raspberries for a delicious dish you don’t have to feel guilty about devouring.
For individual trifles (we used small stemless wine glasses), follow these directions! Once you’ve baked the vegan brownie bites and allowed them to cool, start your trifle by crumbling two brownies as your first layer. Top with Chocolate Ever After, then whipped coconut cream and raspberries. Repeat and there’s your treat! For each mini trifle, you’ll need:
- 4 brownies (2 per layer)
- 1 pouch Chocolate Ever After (half per layer)
- 2 dollops of coconut whipped cream (one per layer)
- Handful of raspberries (3-5 per layer)
Hand out these tasty mini trifles and see if your party goers can name the main ingredient. We guarantee they’ll never guess they’re eating baby food ;)
Happy Healthy Holidays!
Vegan Brownie Bites:
- 1 Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix
- 1 Once Upon a Farm Chocolate Ever After pouch
- 2 Tbs organic flax meal
- 6 Tbs water
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup organic almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan. In a small bowl, mix together the flax meal and water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, chocolate pouch, flax mixture and almond milk. Slowly add the Foodstirs brownie mix and blend until a thick batter forms.
- Measure one tablespoon of the batter into each muffin well. Bake for 13 minutes or until the middle is firm to the touch or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar if you wish and enjoy! Yields: 25 – 30 bites
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 can cold, solid, coconut cream + 2 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Whip together on high for about 2 minutes