OhMyMega™ Veggie Pumpkin Pie
(So healthy you can give it to the kiddos for breakfast!)
Pumpkin anything is all the rage this season, so Cassandra, our founder created a pumpkin pie recipe (with hidden veggies)! This delicious pie is made with our OhMyMega Veggie™ blend. OhMyMega Veggie™ combines organic: apples, carrot, beet, flaxseed and ginger. This recipe is vegan and gluten free!
For the Crust
- 3 cups raw walnuts
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Veggie Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup OhMyMega Veggie (2.5 pouches)
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (blend very well with blender before pouring into mixture)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated or 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 chia eggs (soak 1 tbsp chia with 3 tbsp water per “1 egg”), (example: for this recipe: 2 tbsp chia + 6 tbsp water). Mix and let sit for 5 minutes before pouring in
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Add the ingredients for the crust to a high-powered blender or food processor. Process until a thick, dough-like mixture forms.
- Press the crust mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan or pie dish and press firmly to make an even layer. If desired, use a piece of parchment paper to press down the crust to even it out. Refrigerate crust until ready to use.
- Add all of the ingredients for the veggie pumpkin pie filling to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust. Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the filling has set up and edges are golden-brown. Halfway through, take pie out and cover edges in aluminum foil to prevent them from burning.
- Allow pie to cool for 30 minutes, then cover and chill for 2 hours before serving. Once pie is chilled, remove the outer form of the pie pan (if using a spring form pan).
- Cut thick slices of pumpkin pie and serve with coconut whipped cream. (Coconut Whipped Cream: 1 can cold, solid, coconut cream + 2 tbs maple syrup or sweetner of choice. Whip together on high for about 2 minutes).
- Enjoy it for breakfast or dessert!